Which Prerequisites Must be Fulfilled for Testing with Fabasoft app.test
Following, the prerequisites are described that must be fulfilled for using Fabasoft app.test.
- Eclipse 4.7.2
- Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment 8 Update 161 (JRE) (x64)
- Supported web browser
Following it is described which authentication modes can be used for testing with Fabasoft app.test as well as the prerequisites that must be fulfilled.
With Fabasoft app.test there are two ways to connect to the web services of Fabasoft Folio or Mindbreeze Enterprise Search: basic or integrated authentication. Basic authentication is used for logging on with different users via a log-in dialog. Fabasoft app.test fills in the specified username and password automatically whereas integrated authentication starts the web browser directly in the context of the specified user.
Basic authentication has to be activated on the server running the web services, while integrated authentication has to be switched off in the Microsoft Internet Explorer of the client for running Fabasoft app.test.
- Activate Basic Authentication on the Web Server
To connect to the web server running the web services by using basic authentication you have to activate basic authentication on the server.
Therefore you have to
- Navigate to the web site containing the virtual directory in your "Computer Management" ("Computer Management" > "Services and Applications" > "Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager" > "Web Sites" > "<web site containing the virtual directory>").
- In the "Properties" of this site you need to enable basic authentication in the "Directory Security" tab in the Authentication and access control area. Click the "Edit" button to define the basic authentication method.
- A dialog box opens were you can define the basic authentication method. Select the Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text) check box and click "OK".
- A dialog box appears, where you have to acknowledge enabling basic authentication. If you click "Yes", basic authentication is used.
Now basic authentication is activated on the server running the web services to be tested.
- Switch Off Integrated Authentication in the Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Navigate to the page to be tested in the Microsoft Internet Explorer (on the client where the test should be executed later on) and
- Open the properties of your web browser ("Tools" > "Internet Options").
- On the "Security" tab you have to click the "Custom level" button in the Security level for this zone area.
- Scroll to the "User Authentication" node and select Prompt for user name and password. Now a prompt is shown each time you navigate to this page for logging on.
- To use basic authentication when connecting to the server running the web services with Fabasoft app.test, you have to clear the Enable Integrated Windows Authentication check box in your web browser ("Tools" > "Internet Options" > tab "Advanced").
- To avoid problems with caching behavior and authentication within cached web pages with Internet Explorer, you should configure the cache update setting to Every time I visit the webpage or Every time I start Internet Explorer ("Tools" > "Internet Options" > tab "General" > “Browsing history” > “Settings” > “Temporary Internet Files”).
If you want to connect to the server running the web services by using integrated authentication, you have to make sure that each user needed in your test has their own user profile on the computer.
On the client, where Fabasoft app.test is running, the current user must be local administrator. This user is also used for logging on to the server running the web services.
Please note that integrated authentication is only possible within a Microsoft Windows client.
Kerberos authentication can also be used to run tests. Please note that Kerberos authentication is currently only possible if Fabasoft app.test runs on a Microsoft Windows environment. For testing with Kerberos authentication you have to make sure that some registry keys are set at the computer where Fabasoft app.test is running. The relevant registry keys are listed below.
- The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment\ must exist for each test user. If this registry key does not exist, you have to create it. The entries that must exist in this registry key are listed below. These entries are described in the following way: first the name of the entry is mentioned and then the type of the entry is described as well as the value the entry must be set to.
- Name: LOGONSERVER
- Name: USERDNSDOMAIN
Value: <fully qualified domain>
- Within a Microsoft Windows XP environment you have to make sure that the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\ contains the following entry:
- Name: allowtgtsessionkey
- Within a Microsoft Windows Vista or a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment you have to make sure that the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters\ contains the following entry:
- Name: allowtgtsessionkey
Install Fabasoft Folio Client
You have to install the Fabasoft Folio Client on all clients where you want to execute Fabasoft app.test tests so that you can import, export and open files from Fabasoft Folio resp. Fabasoft eGov-Suite.